Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association
Chef & Editor Field Tour
• Initiated first-ever chef/editor tour for client.
• Introduced Wisconsin potato farming to influential regional chefs and
• Developed tour of potato fields, shipper sheds, and research facilities;
identified and secured the attendance of 8 influential chefs and 2
editors. Guided agenda and content development with client.
• Handled on-the-ground logistics (transportation, accommodations,
menus, caterer, presentation of Wisconsin potatoes, appreciation
gifts, etc.), co-hosted tour and served as go-tos for guests.
• Wrote and distributed Media Alerts before tour and follow-up News
Release after tour.
• Led follow-up activities of providing chefs with selection of potatoes
to use and evaluate in their restaurants.
Results: Rave reviews from attendees and client. All eight chefs offered
to participate in taste-tests, recipe development, flavor research, and wanted purchasing information with sincere intent to buy. Clientʼs expectations were “exceeded”